Fall Backpack Series and Camping Workshop | Sunday, October 22, 2017 | 9:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Fall Backpack Series and Camping Workshop
- Come Get Your Cardio in Shape w/Two Training Hikes
- Spend a Night Camping in the Backcountry of the Shenandoah
- Start each hike with a brief meditation period and yogic stretch
- Learn backcountry training skills and camping skills from the Chairman of the DC Section of the American Alpine Club.
- Each participant will need their own gear. (Sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent [possibly share tents], backpack)
- A love of nature and being outside
- Sunday, Oct 22nd – 9:00a at Billy Goat Trail (Training Hike)
- Sunday, Oct 29th – 8:00a at White Oak Canyon (Training Hike)
- Saturday, Nov 4th-5th – 12:00 Noon – 12 Noon Camping in Shenandoah
- $100 for all three dates
Sign UP: https://upindc.pike13.com/courses/155766
Plant Centered Eating Workshop - Sarah Hippert | Sunday, October 29, 2017 | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Event Name: Plant Centered Eating Workshop
Class Time: 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM, Sun Oct 29
Instructed by: Sarah Hippert
Workshop or Event Details:
This workshop will address the harmful myths surrounding plant-centered eating, specifically that vegans and vegetarians do not get enough protein and are at risk for other nutrient deficiencies on a plant-based diet. How is a plant-centered eating approach different from a plant-based diet? What nutrients are very important to make sure you are getting enough of whether you are on a plant-centered diet or a standard American diet? How do you know you’re getting enough? Why are the nutrients from whole food preferred over supplements and when should you choose to take supplements? What are the reasons for choosing a plant-centered approach to eating? What are some examples of a plant-centered meal? Sarah will create a photo collage of plant-centered meals she has prepared for herself.
All of these questions will be addressed in the two-hour workshop. Sarah will leave ample time for questions at the end and all are welcome to bring fruit to share during the workshop to snack on. Please prepare to sit on the floor for this workshop.
Sign Up Here: https://upindc.pike13.com/group_classes/156099
108 Sun Salutations for Veterans Day | 11/11/17 | 12 p.m. - 3 p.m
Event Name: 108 Sun Salutations for Veterans Day
Event Date: Saturday, November 11, 2017, Veterans Day
Event Contact Person: Dave Cohen
Event Price: $15-$30 Donation (proceeds going to Warriors At Ease, Studio receives portion, teachers time donated)
In order to honor the sacrifice of our men and women in uniform during this Veterans Day holiday, participants are led through 108 consecutive Namaskara A Sun Salutations. The number 108 has long been significant in Yoga and corresponds to 108 sacred sites throughout India and 108 sacred places of the body. Students will challenge themselves emotionally, spiritually and physically during this transformational event.
Warriors at Ease site